BD5 wing tips /parts

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

BoKu

Pundit
HBA Supporter
The BD-5A had a wingspan of ~14.3 feet. Few if any of those were flown except by test pilots, and even some of those were scared by it. The BD-5B had a wingspan of 21.5 feet, and proved more manageable.

I'd suggest getting a tape measure and checking the span. If it is less than about 20 feet, you are missing a lot more than the molded plastic wingtips.

Saint007

Seller asking $6k No engine needs everything,I offer $5 but I’m reconsidering

1Bad88

If you get really serious about this, I believe there is another for sale in Texas (Houston or Dallas). Maybe you could combine the two into something that is complete. I still don't know about flying it though.

Welcome to the board!

Saint007

$5 bucks is a really good deal!
Kind of looks to me like this was a project that never got finished and then turned in to yard art. I'd treat it as such.
Yes the seller had it as a display on he’s hobby shop .

Saint007

If you get really serious about this, I believe there is another for sale in Texas (Houston or Dallas). Maybe you could combine the two into something that is complete. I still don't know about flying it though.

Welcome to the board!
I decided to pass on the deal, thanks

Saint007

The BD-5A had a wingspan of ~14.3 feet. Few if any of those were flown except by test pilots, and even some of those were scared by it. The BD-5B had a wingspan of 21.5 feet, and proved more manageable.

I'd suggest getting a tape measure and checking the span. If it is less than about 20 feet, you are missing a lot more than the molded plastic wingtips.
Yes is 14.3 and missing a lot more than wingtips . Thanks !