BD5 Kits need completing

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

randy knibb

I have 2 Kits i acquired and 3 Tiernay TT10-1 gas turbine engine (complete setup), with reduction gearbox and starter attached. One maybe 50% other 5%. Would sell, trade or prefer someone with space and interest to help finish both in trade for one. ( northern CA or Nevada preferred) More info at http://knibbindustries.com/bd5/
Some Pictures and docs are from previous builder projects. full sized Plans and Digital plans included Lots of info and plans. Contact Randy

Dear Randy
I sent the pic of the streched Bd5 to a guy ..who said it won't fly !
Now I am really confused..
It looks like a real pic to me
Do you have any idea if it's real or ??
Want fries with that ?

Bill-Higdon

I have 2 Kits i acquired and 3 Tiernay TT10-1 gas turbine engine (complete setup), with reduction gearbox and starter attached. One maybe 50% other 5%. Would sell, trade or prefer someone with space and interest to help finish both in trade for one. ( northern CA or Nevada preferred) More info at http://knibbindustries.com/bd5/
Some Pictures and docs are from previous builder projects. full sized Plans and Digital plans included Lots of info and plans. Contact Randy
Randy,
I've heard various claims of horsepower for the Tiernay TT-10 turbines, what have you found so far to be true.
BGill

randy knibb

Randy,
I've heard various claims of horsepower for the Tiernay TT-10 turbines, what have you found so far to be true.
BGill
There is lots of info on different configurations, the highest so far was apx 150 horse but that required extra nozzels. I am still researching myself.

randy knibb

Dear Randy
I sent the pic of the streched Bd5 to a guy ..who said it won't fly !
Now I am really confused..
It looks like a real pic to me
Do you have any idea if it's real or ??
Want fries with that ?
I have read the stretch also had a longer wing and was being built as a instruction plane. it is real and there is video of it flying.

Randy thank you so much
There is a pic of a two seat BD5
Looking closer you can see a mouse cursor by the prop
I've been told it's photo shop
I did read it's a maybe pic ?
I'd love to build it thx rey

D Hillberg

the Tiernay T-10 is a 90 hp gas turbine with a generator pad. starter equipped with an oil pump. no fcu.
uses an electric fuel pump modulated by a large module controlling everything in the GPU.

no nozzles can be added as the inner can is designed as is. outer case is stainless casting (very heavy)

engine is designed to run the generator and is limited in compressor reserve (likes to pop & stall with a sudden load)

rebuilt several, a cute little 90 hp toy -

daveklingler

I'm still looking for a drive to copy, with the intent to publish the drawings to this forum and/or GrabCad. But I don't suppose that you have a prop drive in your collection...

Are any of the photos in the link you posted photos of your two kits?

randy knibb

Hi Dave There is one prop shaft with the kits. There are many crates of parts in boxes,electronics, 2 digital dash, oxygen supply, I have yet to go through everything. many of the picts are from these kits. the previous builder I do believe completed several, but I do not know all the details. the picts in my member folder https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/media/albums/my-projects-bd5-and-skyraider.774/
are from my 2. You are welcome to come and look, measure anything you like. Would really like to put them together

Attachments

Hi Randy ..Rey here I caught the dam virus in bed 15 days now you and the Mrs pls be careful
I haven't picked up the fusealage yet he won't go outside. I did get a motor a hi tech Harley Davidson motor twin plugs injection tunable in flight. I was blindsided as I used the transmission for a oil tank..I can make 125 to 140 HP easy..I may as well keep the gears..yep a 6 speed airplane!
The FAA inspector is gonna flip 😜IMG_20200419_011132419.jpg