BD-5 Original Info Packet

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

galland

Was looking through my ancient literature from when I was young and ran across this. Would anyone out there have any interest in a original packet. Has lots of info and some neat photos/ drawings etc. Is dated April 1973. Gary

Attachments

galapoola

Unless you're looking to sell this, why not scan and post it here for everyone?

galland

For someone with my technical skills (I do not even own a cellphone) that might be a stretch. I took the photo of the packet with my cheap camera and then put it on my laptop. Some items in the packet are larger and I don't think my camera would do them justice. I just tried another to see how it works. The drawing measures 22X17 inches. I would be more comfortable giving the entire packet to someone else who could scan it as you suggested. I am in Iowa. Gary

Attachments

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Gary, I have a large-format scanner. I would be happy to scan them for you and return the originals and the image files. PM me if I can help.

Bigshu

HBA Supporter
Was looking through my ancient literature from when I was young and ran across this. Would anyone out there have any interest in a original packet. Has lots of info and some neat photos/ drawings etc. Is dated April 1973. Gary
Gary, after you get it back from scanning, if you have no use for it, let me know what you'd want for it. My dad was one of the people that got hung out to dry on the BD5, and I'd enjoy having the info packet if it's not too spendy!

Urquiola

A good scan of this Bede document would be very useful to many in the community -- let me know if I can help!
They said the power transmission shaft of BD-5 had 'torsional vibration' problems, it seems this happens also in engine crankshafts, the approach in engines is adding intermediate supports, bearings, to have it turning rigid.
Blessings +

Attachments

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
These do not appear to be copyrighted, so here goes...

I will check with @Admin to see if larger files can be posted.

BD-5 1-Mailing Envelope_low res.jpg

Attachments