BD-4 Complete Airframe Project $3500 Las Vegas

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
My friend Bill Reid has a BD-4 project that he took in as part of one of his horse-trades. I'm posting it for him here because the airplane is directly relevant to this forum. I do not own any part of the airplane, or have any financial interest in this deal.

Someone looking for a BD-4, or a fast 2-4 place cruiser would make out like a bandit on this, 75% of the work on the airframe is done. Lycoming 320/360 engine mount. Excerpt from his e-mail to me below:

"I want $3500.00 for everything, I have 10 lbs. of paperwork including the plans. Cleveland Wheels and brakes (toe pedals) ,sticks ,taildragger, wings ,flaps, ailerons. Tail parts need some repair. Engine mount for Lycoming 0-320 or O-360, engine controls, no instruments, no doors etc. Lots of stuff there including interior stuff. Bill of sale that I got from builder is included. "

Located AZ50, 35 miles south of Hoover Dam on the AZ side of the river.

Contact him directly if interested seven O too 5 ate one 2 zero 2too

Cabin 1.jpg
Fuselage 1.jpg
Tail 1.jpg
Trailer 2.jpg
Trailer 3.jpg
Propeller 1.jpg

Last edited:

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
ERROR in original post. Just got an earful from an old Huey gunship driver :)

BD-4 doors ARE included with this sale, propeller is NOT included (available separately).

DreamersE/AB

I posted a link to this notice over on BD-4.org Forum. A gentleman from Europe is asking for an email address of the seller. Can that be provided? I can pass it along.
Not seeing how to private message on this site. The BD-4 site has a private message feature....
John

rv7charlie

Left-click on the member's screen name (Victor Bravo). Then left-click on 'start conversation'. Yes, it's vague terminology, but that'll get you a PM form to fill in.

VB, are those the old fiberglass skinned 'panelribs', or aluminum skins? Long or short wings?

pfarber

Left-click on the member's screen name (Victor Bravo). Then left-click on 'start conversation'. Yes, it's vague terminology, but that'll get you a PM form to fill in.

VB, are those the old fiberglass skinned 'panelribs', or aluminum skins? Long or short wings?
They look to be the fiberglass panels. The new metal wings don't have sealant lines like that.

That BD still has a ways to go.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
I believe the BD-4 is sold, thanks to the power of the HBA forum! (that's POWER as pronounced by James Earl Jones when describing The Force :) )

My friend has apparently gotten a deposit on the aircraft and will be delivering it here in California sometime within a week or so.