• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebuilderfan

Batteries are "cool", electricity used in mobility seems it is becoming the panacea of all our problems.
But when it comes to an everyday use it happens that a lot of "new" problems arise. Why? It is not so easy to have a good substitute for the heavily criticized oil.
More than a century of large use made people to get used to a series of features; to come back is hard, for everyone.

So, leaving out the claims ("this battery will be powerful, long lasting, eco friendly, etc..."), can you tell me if there is something that might be used in light aircrafts? Except the Li-ion batteries?
I mean: a battery that doesn't want to explode, that can be charged in a reasonable amount of time, light enough to be put onto an aircraft, that has a demonstrated high energy density, that can live years?
As you can see I haven't listed the cost.
I hope this post will get lot of replies...
Fabri

*I have some more info about a new kind of energy package I'd like to know more about. But I have to decide if I have to open a new post. We'll see.

Back