• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Basic Aerodynamics Question Total Drag from Glide Polar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proppastie

Picking through my second reading of Hiscock and trying to sub my numbers (no surprise) I have problems. His data for the Dox is RN=10,000,000 and my calculations show my bird has RN=1,000,000. (row 7) I am trying to calculate the total drag for HP required in climb at best L/D along with reading along with Hiscock. I do not have the airfoil data for my bird but do have the Glide polar. I would think one could calculate the total Drag with the glide polar. Looking at a spread sheet with the expressions, the questions arise. Maybe one could point to a thread on the site, surly it has been discussed. [FONT=&amp] TOTAL DRAG FROM GLIDE IG POLAR.jpg [/FONT] 1: rows 8, 12, 13….if the glider is sinking ….. they can not all be correct? 2: row 13, 9 same question carbon_dragon_polar_v_diagram_large.jpg

Attachments

• TOTAL DRAG FROM GLIDE IG POLAR.xls
    15 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Back