• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

bang for the buck studio photography kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrisonaero

Maybe some of you with pro or semi-pro studio photography experience can offer advice here. Even better if you know a lot about industrial photography. Or maybe you have a spouse that takes a lot of Ebay item photos?

Recommendations for a <$350 light setup for taking pictures of products and manufacturing/shop photos? Don't want to hack something together from Home Depot- just want to buy a complete and simple setup with everything needed like lights, filters, soft boxes, umbrella reflectors, whatever. Probably buy from Amazon, Ebay, Adorama, etc. Doesn't have to be name-brand or super high quality, can be made in China/etc, because I won't be using it much.

If you don't have recommendations on exact kits then what are the minimum must-have items that should be included in my kit?

Lights can be hot since I'm not taking pictures of people though if it makes sense to go with newer technology lights that last longer or have other advantages then that seems reasonable. Lights should be always-on because I want to use them for some video too. Lights don't have to be portable.

Some of the pictures I've seen the pros take use colored lights reflecting off different parts of the equipment to give the shot a more professional look. Ideas here?

And any simple and quick resources for boiler-plate recipes for setting up the lights? Especially the colored accent lights. Don't have time to do a lot of research to get perfect shots- just want something that's nice and looks better than average. I have a strong background in news and outdoor photography from college, just don't know much about studio work.

Last edited:
Back