Bally's Bomber (1/3 Scale B-17)

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

skier

Any recent updates?
They aren't saying when first flight will be, but did post the below:

Facebook said:
Tons of questions from everyone and its great to hear. We'll use this post as a Q&A forum. But, a few rules. Please do not ask when the first flight is. Please visit the website and check for basic stats. Also we have a pilot and will release details in the next few days. Please check the comments for previous questions so your not asking the same. We'll answer everything possible. Let the questions begin !
Facebook said:
The pilot of the Bally Bomber is Darrell Mattson. He served in the U.S. Navy from 1963 to 1967, and was assigned to the aircraft carrier USS Hancock, as a member of its crash and rescue team. Mattson learned to fly in 1977, at the Whiteside County Airport, and became a flight instructor in 1979. His licenses include pilot, commercial, airplane single-engine land, airplane single-engine sea, airplane multiengine land, and instrument airplane. As a flight instructor, he holds licenses including flight instructor-airplane single and multiengine, and instrument airplane. Mattson has more than 7,300 hours of flight time, including 250 hours multiengine land and 726 hours in tail draggers.
darrell_mattson2.jpg

Rhino

Lifetime Supporter
No, but I expect someone to put four engines on a Cri-Cri any day now.

Tiger Tim

Does anyone know of another four engine E-AB?
There was a Lazair with two extra engines added, and up my way there was very briefly a scale C-130 with four Volkswagens. Imagine the sound!

I expect someone to put four engines on a Cri-Cri any day now.
I think there was an electric Cri-Cri that had motors in push-pull pairs on each pylon.

Riggerrob

There was a Lazair with two extra engines added, and up my way there was very briefly a scale C-130 with four Volkswagens. Imagine the sound!

I think there was an electric Cri-Cri that had motors in push-pull pairs on each pylon.
Was that 4-engined Cri-Cri electric-powered?

Riggerrob

Does anyone know of another four engine E-AB?

BJC
Multi-engined homebuilts are rare.
Multi-engined kitplanes are also rare: Air Cam, Velocity, etc.
Even twin-engined warbird replicas are rare: Westland Whirlwind, DeHavilland Mosquito and P-38 Lightning are the only ones that come to mind.