• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Baffling Baffles and Inlets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monty

Moderator Note: Split this discussion off from the "What did you do on your airplane today" thread. /Note

Indeed, and thats why I have resisted a plenum thus far. However, the next iteration of baffles was planned to be pretty extensive - looking to do the glassair style "great wall" baffle under the chin. But looking at the level of fabrication that would take it looks like the plenum would come out lighter and certainly more effective. The great wall method would require about 14 running feet of baffle material and that is going to leak some no matter how Well it lays against the cowl. Cooling drag is going to be key to getting my goal of 200 knots and 10 GPH... Might as well go for broke on this go around.

Anyway, I have some ideas to have a fairly quick release plenum lid (piano hinges), so maintenance shouldnt be too painful.

Perhaps we should have a baffling baffles thread. I certainly learned a few things while fixing mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back