• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Badland F2 kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peer Ebbighausen

So, after a long time lurking and poring over the posts here (and dealing with one thing after another in my day to day...) I finally took delivery of my UL airframe kit from Chris Deuel at Badland. The start has been slow, since I'm lucky to still be working and busy, but progress IS being made!

I'm hoping I can reach out to the group here for tips and advice as the build progresses, since this is my first attempt at building something that should be able to lift me off the ground when it's done, and (with any luck) bring me back down gently.

VB, it's been a while, but I haven't forgotten checking out your plane and chatting for a brief bit. I hope the offer of returning for another visit (when everything settles) still stands! And hopefully the EAA chapter by you still has a vacancy.

For now, I'm counting parts and taking inventory, I'm fitting pieces together and seeing how they fit, and easing myself into what seems like a pretty daunting task when most of the little bits are still in bags and boxes...

I'm (hopefully) adding a single pic, to make sure I know how...from the trek home from Vegas with my new project.

Attachments

• Plane_Terribles.jpg
    Plane_Terribles.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 107
Back