• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

BACK UP FOR IGNISTION FAILURE (WHAT IF)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don january

Ive;been reading alot about duel ignition set ups for corvair, volkswagon ect. and the many brillent ways this has been solved, but each system require's either a back up battery, or duel points and coils ect. I know there is probably a million reasons wy my thoughts wont work but here is some food for thought. What if a person could take a fuel injector pump ran mechanicaly off the engine and have each cylinder plumbed. the injector pump acts like a distributor on a gas motor. You could have injectors on one side and plugs on the other. If the electrical system fails you would have the other for backup and its none elec. I know there's many thing that would have to be regulated, (fuel amount injected, timing,ect.) but if a person could make it work. Well for sure it's way out of my knowlage but fun to think about. Don

Back