IMG_0181.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,692
  • IMG_1760.jpg
    IMG_1760.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 1,653
Last edited by a moderator:

Mac790

Nice! That looks like a lot of fun!

Yea:) , special without canopy with all those bugs/flys in your mouth :gig:. From what I've read under one of those movie, this glider was built by a guy who owns some small "composite business" (he produces different things out of composites) seems like he decided in the meantime to build this glider just for fun.

Seb

autoreply

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea:) , special without canopy with all those bugs/flys in your mouth
Ear-damaging as well, even @ 80 km/h. But is sure looks cool.

Interesting spar carrythrough, too.
Well, that worries me. In most gliders, a beefy bulkhead distributes all those forces through the glider. Here it doesn't. They might come away with that, because it's an ultralight?

But otherwise, yeah, looks cool, though there are many ultralight on the market right now.

henryk

the builders=Zenon and Darek now are finished carbon-composites details...
\fuselage weight=8kg!\.after completing glider we can say about theihr intensiones=probably the kites.elektro 004.jpg elektro 005.jpg elektro 003.jpg

caribeanbound

I live on a 44 foot sailboat near West Palm Beach
It looks like a PW-5 with an engine. I have had some interesting flights in one of those. Fun airplanes. I had a PW-5 in wave near Albuquerque in 2001. I really thought that the whole tail was going to fall off on my way back to Moriarty. I actually touched my parachute D ring and did a check of the canopy jettison system. I had been plying around with the wave and trying to get forward into the first tertiary. The problem was that we had not installed oxygen yet. I kept bouncing up to about fifteen and then having to let it go with some mild aerobatics to get back down to lower levels. No problems until I decended to around 12K on the way home. Then the tail started to thrash around until I was sure it was going to part company. I slowed quickly and started to check out the situation. Couldn't feel it through the stick and the air brakes seemed fine. I never brought a plane in as gently as I did that one. The closer that I got to touchdown the smother things went. After landing I had our A&P go over every bit of that plane to find nothing wrong. Turns out that it was my fault. Classic pilot error. I didn't think that I was going to do a three hour wave flight that day and had left my relief bottle at home. This nice new airplane came equipped with a funnel and tube setup in the seat. I neglected to say that this flight was in February. I used the system twice thinking that I would just clean it up later. The moral of this story is to never! may I repeat never !!use a relif tube in a PW-5 in cold conditions. We finally decided that the stabilizer had iced up at altitude. Then it began to melt and partially broke off on the decent causing an imbalance.
I really liked flying that plane. Most people had trouble landing it but I never had a problem. A bit of a small rudder but then I had been flying a libele as well. The canopy was a work of art made in Switzerland if I remember right.
The plane that you show in your pics is nearly identical.

henryk

carbon,Honeycomb cevlar composite=materials for new model of AXEL

=new wings\better velocity,smaller descent=0,5m/s\...

now in work.

9aplus

Right answer....thank you
I like design, but have limited "free" hoby time.
Hope you will let me know ;) when ready