• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Airplane For Sale Avid Flyer MK IV for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Chuk

The Avid MK IV was sort of the last model Avid built, and is quite similar to a Kitfox 3, but with 1150 gross weight. Plane is just over 600 lb empty. 14 gallon wing tanks in both wings. I've had my Avid since 2008, plane has about 615 hrs on it, about 135 SMOH. Engine is 80 HP Jabiru engine. In 2017, I completely rebuilt the plane and have been flying it for about 135 hrs since. Would be more hrs on it, but I finished my Kitfox 4 and have flown that more in the last yr and a half. Cabane style landing gear built by Lowell Fitt. I widened the fuselage by 3" when I rebuilt it, so it's 42 1/2" wide. You don't have to like the person quite so much that you give a ride to. Have a modified boat trailer for it as well. Price is $27,500 with trailer. I did a walk around video of it yesterday, and put that up on youtube. Couple of flying videos from the day before. Located in northern Mn. If you are serious and want more info, call me. 218 seven five zero 38 five one. Anyway, here are links to the videos. JImChuk

(4) Avid Flyer MK IV walk around video - YouTube

(4) Avid Flyer MK IV 7/8/2022 part 1 - YouTube

(4) Avid Flyer MK IV 7/8/2022 flight part 2 - YouTube

Attachments

• 20210421_201932.jpg
    20210421_201932.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 4
Back