• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Aviation apps for Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTAirco

Has anyone any experiences with aviation apps for the Android phones? Specifically I was looking at navigation sytems and I recently downloaded my first.

Bearing+Distance SW - Android

It had some good reviews and the interface looked very much like what I was looking for and at about $6.50, cheap. Well, it would be cheap if it worked - a single cent spent on something that doesn't is too expensive in my book.

It installed ok, I enabled the GPS on my phone, which is running the latest Android and it just sits there - frozen while looking for a signal. Have not been able to even change the one destination I typed in. My google maps app is working fine, so I know the GPS s working. So far, it's damned useless.

Any others out there that actually work ok and don't cost several hundred dollars?

Back