Discussion in 'Rules of Conduct / HBA News and Announcements' started by Jman, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Jman

Jman Site Developer

Just a quick note to let you all know where the Custom Avatars have gone. I upgraded the site with some security fixes today. I was in the process of transferring the Avatars back into HBA when my power went out. Over here in Baghdad, without power, we have no internet. The power just came back up and the internet is working Ok but for some reason File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is not. So....until FTP starts to work again, I won't be able to bring the Avatars back up. Hopefully it will be only a couple of hours, but it could be up to 12 or so. Our network is kind of finicky that way.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

2. Jman

Jman Site Developer

Well, the custom Avatars are back up now. Just have to get some of the other missing images uploaded. Shouldn't be too much longer.

3. Marasandra

Marasandra Member

please tell me, i Can't to upload my profile picture.... how to upload my profile picture
    my profile picture less 97.5 kb

thx

4. ultralajt

ultralajt Well-Known Member

I usually use IrfanView free program. It is a simple program for viewing all sorts of graphics, and it can easy cut, resize, save under another formats...
    I cut a piece of the photo I want for avatar, then I scale that piece to proper dimension, and save it as jpg or gif. Then I look to the file size.
    If file size exceed the alowable size, I save it again with some compression. And voila! :D

5. niman123

niman123 New Member

Hello, I try to upload a profile picture but it cann't be upload. So can you tell me a problem. Thanks.

6. Dana

Dana Moderator

Most likely it's too large.

7. choppergirl

choppergirl Well-Known Member

Another bug/omission in a vbulliten file...

When you view your profile page, you can see your profile photo.

However, when viewed when logged out (or when viewed by someone other than yourself), it is missing.

So what's the point of uploading a main photo of oneself, other than to appease thine own vanity :-/

Your Profile, viewed by you: 1.jpg - - - - - Your profile, viewed by others: 2.jpg

8. bmcj

bmcj Well-Known Member

I don't get your question. I see your photo.

9. skier

skier Well-Known Member

Choppergirl, here is what your profile looks like to me:

Capture.JPG

10. choppergirl

choppergirl Well-Known Member

Well, that's good that it works. Whenever I view my profile when logged out, I see no picture at all, like in the snapshot. Not particularly important then I suppose if it works for those logged in.