• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Autogyro idea ( One Off Personal Use )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barron

Hello every one. I have been lurking for a while reading posts when I have a chance. I have flown fixed wing since 2000 and I have recently become interested in gyrocopters so a buddy of mine introduced me to a guy with a 2 place gyrocopter a few months ago. We took a few flights and I took the controls and did several touch and goes. I got the hang of it pretty quick. So fast forward 6 months and I have been thinking about buying or building and I have decided to build. Now dont laugh ( you can call me crazy though ) but I woke up one night with a picture in my mind of what I might want. I am thinking of a Open Ez fuselage, gear, canopy, controls, ( but no wing strakes, have to come up with fuel tank"s" somewhere ) and using this for the "starting point" of my gyro. This will not be an ultralight. What are your thoughts on the matter. Also I have a pretty thick skin so tell me what you really think.

ez.jpg

Lots of good material here!

Thanks Guys

Barron

Back