• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Attaching wing halves (no foam core)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inverted Vantage

Formerly Unknown Target
Just a technical question, something a friend of mine and I were trying really hard to figure out and I figured it'd be best to just ask directly. In the construction of aircraft such as the Glasair, Icon, etc - there is one half of the wing, which has a lattice work attached to it, and then the top half of the wing, which is joined to that lattice work. From our observations, we assumed that the two are simply epoxied together;

GA%20JS%20Wing3.jpg

That's the bottom half, which then gets the foam ribs epoxied into it, and then the top is epoxied to the foam and spar. Bondo or epoxy is used to fill in the part lines.

Are we correct in these assumptions?

Also, on a composite aircraft; what's the best way to create hinge joints?

Back