• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

As Seen On BARNSTORMERS

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
WOW!!!! Look at this, as rare as it gets, cheap flying, and a total head-turner at any fly-in !

RARE AIRCRAFT • $8,000 • ATTENTION MUSEUMS! • Honey Bee, Serial #2, 1966. No log books, but estimated less than 600 hours total time. Designed by Walter Mooney brother of legendary aircraft builder Al Mooney. Only two in existence. Always hangered and in pristine condition. No electrical system. The 20th Century Technology Museum of Wharton, TX is selling because of shortage of display space. • Contact Carl Eldridge , Broker - located El Campo, TX United States • Telephone: 979-533-0093 • Posted September 6, 2021 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Images

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
(In my best Casey Kasem radio voice) "The hits just keeeep on coming!"...

Here's a great start on a classic. Embarrass the crap out of the people who spent $100K+ on an RV-X :)

WITTMAN • FOR SALE • Wittman Tailwind W10 Spar blanks, Rib Set, and Plans. $1,000. Purchaser to pay for shipping. • Contact James Slomer , Owner - located Cheswick, PA United States • Telephone: 4128976906 • 4128282710 • Posted September 6, 2021 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This Ad

Last edited:

challenger_II

Rare, yes, but NOT an original Beecraft bird. Is an experimental build.

WOW!!!! Look at this, as rare as it gets, cheap flying, and a total head-turner at any fly-in !

RARE AIRCRAFT • $8,000 • ATTENTION MUSEUMS! • Honey Bee, Serial #2, 1966. No log books, but estimated less than 600 hours total time. Designed by Walter Mooney brother of legendary aircraft builder Al Mooney. Only two in existence. Always hangered and in pristine condition. No electrical system. The 20th Century Technology Museum of Wharton, TX is selling because of shortage of display space. • Contact Carl Eldridge , Broker - located El Campo, TX United States • Telephone: 979-533-0093 • Posted September 6, 2021 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Images

karmarepair

Supporting Member

120 MPH. 1,100 fpm climb.

bmcj

Supporting Member
Just saw this, and figured one of my fellow hangar rats suffering from acute, terminal cheapskate-itis on the east coast might want to jump on this:

VP1 WINGS • FREE FOR THE TAKING • Wings from an Evans VP1. Partially uncovered. Excellent workmanship, 203 725 5011. • Contact Joel Volovski , - located Northfield, CT United States • Telephone: 203 725 5011 • 860 283 0363 • Posted September 7, 2021 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This Ad
Would make an interesting project to l
Mount thanks as a strut braced high wing or parasol.

karmarepair

Supporting Member
Were the Honey Bees not all experimental (including the prototype)? Could you please specify what you mean by "original?"
I think maybe Chana, Coward and Mooney HOPED to certificate the Honey Bee (they certainly did the later Queen Bee), but the extant pictures of serial #1 show "EXPERIMENTAL". It looks like what is for sale is Serial Number 2. Still a fantastic, well engineered little ship.

Daleandee

LOEHLE SPORT PARASOL • $2,400 • COME AND GET IT • Beautiful Loehle Sport Parasol that I need to sell due to relocation. This is a great taildragger trainer and an all around excellent flier. I flew it with a Rotax 503 that DOES NOT come with it. It comes with the original Kawasaki 440 and belt reduction drive. I wanted more safety margin for short fields, but the 440 did great for the longer runways. It is currently apart and ready for transport. Excellent build quality and covering(has always been kept inside). Needs the engine reinstalled and its ready to go conquer the skies again, making smiles and memories. Please text or email. • Contact Chris Stevenson , Owner - located Blanchester, OH 45107 United States • Telephone: 9373368381 • Posted April 28, 2022 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Images

Daleandee

Daleandee

Daleandee

BD-5 KIT • $3,000 • FOR SALE AS ONE LOT • Original kit and plans with partially completed wings and apparently extra parts for another set of wings. Aluminum skins and other parts in very good condition, one skin with some surface corrosion. Donation to EAA Chapter 376, offers will be considered. • EAA CHAPTER 376 • Contact Philip Barnett , - located Fresno, CA 93722 United States • Telephone: 5599083979 • Posted May 17, 2022 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Images

Riggerrob

I question whether Walter E. Mooney was a brother of Albert W. Mooney.
Walt Mooney was born June 6, 1925 and died March 1, 1990. He was educated at MIT and worked as an engineer at Convair. In his spare time, Walt designed dozens of model airplanes and had helped Rohr design their TWO-175 delta.

OTOH Albert W. Mooney was born on 12 April, 1906 in Denver Colorado and died 7 May 1986 in Dallas, Texas. Al Mooney was self-educated and designed dozens of light planes for Bellanca, Culver and his eponymous Mooney Corporation. A.W.M. and his brother Arthur Mooney (born 10 July, 1904) founded the Mooney Aircraft Company in 1929. In his later years, Al Mooney worked for Lockheed where he had a hand in designing the Lockheed Jetstar, XV-4 Hummingbird, AL-60 bush-plane and an un-named executive jet.

Last edited:

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
I think almost every pilot is tempted by a BD-5 at some point.

Someone gave me four or five old Playboy magazines with advertisements for the BD-5. It was brilliant, sneaky, manipulative, psych warfare for Bede to put those ads in an otherwise completely non-aviation magazine. If I'm remembering the years and movies correctly, I'm sure if he could have hired Sean Connery and Jill St. John to pose next to it, he would have.

Someone gave me four or five old Playboy magazines with advertisements for the BD-5. It was brilliant, sneaky, manipulative, psych warfare for Bede to put those ads in an otherwise completely non-aviation magazine. If I'm remembering the years and movies correctly, I'm sure if he could have hired Sean Connery and Jill St. John to pose next to it, he would have.
In the very late 50's we stopped to pick up new 150 and proceeded North to old WWII airfield where Bede was reported to be building and testing the BD5. 1 was on the ramp but stated it had engine problems so no demo, Man was that runway rough. No more interest in BD5.