• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

As Seen On BARNSTORMERS

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Daleandee

SONEX 2013 TAILDRAGGER • $15,000 • ANNOUNCEMENT • For sale - plans built 2013 Sonex Taildragger with center stick. Asking $15,000 for this beautiful hangar kept Corvair powered aircraft. Builder/owner health issues forces sale. No ADS-B. 80 hours TT. Hydraulic brakes, MGL Singles flight monitor, engine monitor, Garmin 320A transponder, Digi-Trak autopilot, FL-760 radio. • Contact Clarence Dunkerley , Owner - located Fort Lauderdale, FL United States • Telephone: 954-829-0954 • Posted June 24, 2020 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Images
This one was built by a friend of mine. We flew together to Crossville TN back in 2015 for the American Sonex Association gathering. He flew his from Fort Lauderdale & I met him in Gainsville Georgia (we met at KJCA). Good times:

1593042734146.png

Daleandee

KR2 PROJECT • $3,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • Plans-built KR2 80% done $3000 OBO. Kansas. Includes full documentation of build to date, plans, etc. For health reasons, need to sell. Can be completed to qualify under the light sport plane rules. A composite (part wood, part epoxy, Fiberglass reinforced), small 2 place, VW powered. Cockpit designed to be comfortable for a pilot at least 6’1” tall. The composite fuselage/wings are basically complete except for canopy and firewall forward. It will come with practically all major items necessary for completion-engine, prop, instruments etc. Phone 316-682-2955 • Contact Paul Mueller , Owner - located Wichita, KS United States • Telephone: 3166822955 • Posted September 10, 2020 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Images

Mcmark

Looks like a PiK 26?? It's Cheap!!!
Glad it's not close. I'd really be in the doghouse....

HOMEBUILT • $1,000 • PRICED TO SELL • Homebuilt, unknown type; Lots of new parts, new wheels, brakes, instruments and cables, great as mock up for pictures or wind tee..$1000 firm...ask for Don • Contact Dionne Watkins , - located Cheyenne, WY United States • Telephone: 505-860-1548 • Posted October 12, 2020 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Images

Daleandee

VANS RV-3 PROJECT • FOR SALE • VANS RV-3 PROJECT needs a good home. Single Seater. Can be your personal Hot Rod! Original model. Never flown, 90% complete. O-290D engine mounted (you hook up)- Was running when removed from another RV3. Needs assembly. Rudder Elevators need reskinning. Two 12 gallon wing tanks. $7500 all ($5000 air frame only) Stored at KGOO. See photos (more available) Ask questions • Contact Steve Roselle , Owner - located Grass Valley, CA United States • Telephone: 1-650-465-1996 • Posted March 31, 2021 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Images

Daleandee

SONERAI 2 LT • $10,995 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • With 244 Hours A/F and motor. 1835 Great Plains Cylinder Heads with Valves at 221 HRS. Up-dated Landing Gear and Tail Spring. New Zenith Carb with Carb Heat. New Performance Prop. Condition Inspection due October of 2021. Priced to Sell.$109950. Or Best Offer. Please Call's Only to Bob at 814-883-5770. This is his airplane, I am just posting it for him. • Contact Kelly Wilson , Friend of Owner - located Yeagertown, PA United States • Telephone: 717-248-1675 • Posted August 1, 2021 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Images

WBNH

Look what just turned up...a plane I've brought up in numerous threads over the years. This is a plane I have always wished had some success, but seemed to have been abandoned before its time. Wish it was within my means to pursue it.

BARNSTORMERS.COM Find Aircraft & Aircraft Parts - Airplane Sale, Jets, Helicopters, Experimental, Warbirds & Homebuilt
KOLB LASER
• $9,500 • AVAILABLE • I have for sale a Kolb Laser prototype airframe with cowling,canopies,pants & blueprints.I no longer have the time to finish this fine project .$9500 call Greg 715 459 1666 • Contact Gregory Ferkey , Owner - located Wisconsin Rapids, WI United States • Telephone: 715 459 1666 • 7153256156 • Posted August 2, 2021 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Images

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Neat plane but $9,500 seems awfully steep for an engineless, uncovered airframe when you could get something like a flying Sonerai 2 for about that price.

WBNH

Is that THE Laser prototype?

Did the Laser ever go into production?

BJC
I don't believe so. As far as my online research has shown, I've seen pics of one flying airplane...perhaps this was a Pre-Production (beta test) airframe. So he may have misspoke when he called it a prototype, but I haven't found any information of there being any more out there. Still, there should have been a niche for a folding wing, low wing, tube and fabric, side-by-side, cheaply operating on low horsepower. Mostly 582s.

Unless of course this was a first attempt at a prototype and Kolb identified changes they wanted to make and never completed this one...but that would be a different story, and it might not be worth the $.

13brv3

HBA Supporter
There was one flying prototype, maybe two, and I believe several other fuselage frames and other kits prototype parts. I saw them at SNF in 1996 where they had the flying Laser, and one QB kit. Later I saw them at their facility in PA as well, but they had already pulled the plug on production. I really wanted to see them pursue this, and I recall that they were happy with the flying qualities, but it was a market decision I think. Rumor has it that one person bought all of the Laser parts, but I don't know if the seller is that person or someone else. If he was asking half what he's asking, I'd be really tempted even though I have no use for it.
Rusty

Attachments

Last edited:

karmarepair

HBA Supporter
I have a distant memory that there had been a structural issue with the Cougar. Some design component that was just not as strong as the equivalent Tailwind. Can anyone shed some light on this??
The original Cougar was 50# lighter than the early W-8 Tailwinds, with a 0-235 vice a C-85. I think 0.028 tubing might have been involved?

Bill-Higdon

I have a distant memory that there had been a structural issue with the Cougar. Some design component that was just not as strong as the equivalent Tailwind. Can anyone shed some light on this??
The way the original main gear was attached to the airframe would cause the lower front cross meber at the firewall to crack over time. The pictures on this one make me think it has a Tailwind/Sonex/etc main gear which should clear that issue.

Daleandee

STARDUSTER TOO • $9,500 • ACCEPTING OFFERS • 1973 STARDUSTER TOO SA300 PROJECT $9,500 OBO This is a project and YES all the parts, log books, and paperwork are in hand. Wheel struts were in the process of being rebuilt for nicer landings. Located 5J5, Holly Hill, SC Contact for additional info or pictures. • Contact Becky Day , Owner - located Holly Hill, SC United States • Telephone: 843-412-0273 • Posted August 16, 2021 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Images

VenturePilot

STARDUSTER TOO • $9,500 • ACCEPTING OFFERS • 1973 STARDUSTER TOO SA300 PROJECT $9,500 OBO This is a project and YES all the parts, log books, and paperwork are in hand. Wheel struts were in the process of being rebuilt for nicer landings. Located 5J5, Holly Hill, SC Contact for additional info or pictures. • Contact Becky Day , Owner - located Holly Hill, SC United States • Telephone: 843-412-0273 • Posted August 16, 2021 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Images
That's a steal for somebody. If I had a hangar to keep it in I would be on my way down to get it.

Daleandee

That's a steal for somebody. If I had a hangar to keep it in I would be on my way down to get it.
The pilot that owned this aircraft was a friend and I've seen it fly. He was killed in an auto accident a couple of years ago. His wife Becky is selling all his planes. This may be the last one left. It's been a while since I've seen the plane but her husband was good at keeping his planes in a good state of repair.

VenturePilot

The pilot that owned this aircraft was a friend and I've seen it fly. He was killed in an auto accident a couple of years ago. His wife Becky is selling all his planes. This may be the last one left. It's been a while since I've seen the plane but her husband was good at keeping his planes in a good state of repair.
Looks like it's been sitting a very long time. Even at that low price it doesn't make financial sense to restore it but hopefully someone will. The wait list for a T-hangar is up to 80 now so I will watch this one slip by.

TFF

Someone will steal the engine and junk the rest. If you are handy and want a biplane, it’s probably a good start. Another person just got a SD2 from a friend in storage on the BP forum.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Just saw this, and figured one of my fellow hangar rats suffering from acute, terminal cheapskate-itis on the east coast might want to jump on this:

VP1 WINGS • FREE FOR THE TAKING • Wings from an Evans VP1. Partially uncovered. Excellent workmanship, 203 725 5011. • Contact Joel Volovski , - located Northfield, CT United States • Telephone: 203 725 5011 • 860 283 0363 • Posted September 7, 2021 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This Ad