• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

As good as SEX almost!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don january

Do you all remember the first time? well when your done licking your lips and get that big grin off your face lets go back to the first solo flight. I'am not trying to have you go back to the time in the Cessna 150, 172, but more the time when you took up that one special plane that you thought you'd never get a chance to fly. It's one of those flight's you can't seem to get out of your head. Mine was in South Dakota on a gravel road near Aberdeen. Dad had sprayed most the day and I was looking foward to my evening joy of parking the plane and seeing my squezze (piper pawnee+ Dione) by this time I had soloed in a 150 and flown the Cub umpty hours, I drained the plane, cleaned the nozzles, and rinsed out the hopper and dad came up on the wing and said take her home. the flight was about 7 miles as the crow flys, gravel off gravel on. It was so surreal, mind you we had been busting butt for days and the joy of flight was probably the farthest thing from both of are minds. well legal or not I threw the coals to the LYC and took off got up about 2000 ft. and man I have never ever wanted to stay airborn so bad. I kept telling myself you better land Dad going to get worried, so what do I do, scoot in closer for dad can hear and see me. Round and round I go, thats the first time I learned to keep an eye on the fuel gadge. It was so amazing how an item bought to feed the family could bring so much joy to a young mans heart. Don J

Back