• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

As/95

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ar95builder

Hello, I am building an aw/95 and would like to be pointed in the right direction for some help with some parts. I have a pretty good shop in my hobby room including cnc mill, lathe and some other equipment. I have built a kj66 so far and some other things. I have been putting the aw off for years and it’s finally time. But some parts are hard to understand in the plans. Are there any build threads you guys know about? And why is the swash bearing sooo expensive??!!!! Cheapest I’ve found is $200! Up to $1500.00!!!! It’s just a bearing! I even looked up the specs and materials used, nothing spectacular! Is it bc it’s only used in aviation? And everything aviation is sky high?!
Anyway, thank you very much for any help and I look forward to using this forum and getting to know everyone

Back