Artificial Horzion

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Wanttaja

I would prioritize a fun meter over a Artificial Horizon. That said if I wander into clouds I can flip Avare over to a Stratofier app and use my Stratux AHRS gyros to do a 180 or whatever is needed to get clear of clouds again. 1st order of business is to stay clear of clouds!

Yes I know carb heat first but it is lacking a permanently pegged FUN METER ...panel perfection is but one step away!
Fun Meters are cheaper, too. I built mine for less than $5....

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/stories/fun_meter.html

And I do have to correct a misconception about my fun meter: It is not pegged. It is at the top of the yellow arc. That's an unusual amount of fun, just below the danger level. :)
meter_finished.jpg
Ron Wanttaja

Mark Schoening

HBA Supporter
I would like to hear the story on how a chicken got up to 3,000 ft. Someone set his tail on fire?
Ah, one evening I and several other pilots standing around the "cooler" were speculating as to the flying abilities of a chicken...His mundane life at 10 ft or below....We decided to "help' a chicken experience the freedom of flight above his normal ceiling. Next day we procured the "lucky" fowl, took him up to 3000 agl and released him out the door (door having been removed from a Cherokee to simplify expulsion) . The chicken disappeared never to be seen again! Seems white chickens blend in well with ground and when enthusiastically doing a wing over to follow the bird, we lost sight of the bird.
SO, to help, we procured another chicken, painted him day-glo orange, and repeated same experiment. This time, prepared, we observed said chicken falling butt over teakettle, wings NOT extended, totally out of control...….thus proving to ourselves chickens are properly designed to fly 10 ft agl or less, strictly VFR, restricted to STOL speeds. ….Upon reflection, Not our finest hour.

Pops

Log Member
Ah, one evening I and several other pilots standing around the "cooler" were speculating as to the flying abilities of a chicken...His mundane life at 10 ft or below....We decided to "help' a chicken experience the freedom of flight above his normal ceiling. Next day we procured the "lucky" fowl, took him up to 3000 agl and released him out the door (door having been removed from a Cherokee to simplify expulsion) . The chicken disappeared never to be seen again! Seems white chickens blend in well with ground and when enthusiastically doing a wing over to follow the bird, we lost sight of the bird.
SO, to help, we procured another chicken, painted him day-glo orange, and repeated same experiment. This time, prepared, we observed said chicken falling butt over teakettle, wings NOT extended, totally out of control...….thus proving to ourselves chickens are properly designed to fly 10 ft agl or less, strictly VFR, restricted to STOL speeds. ….Upon reflection, Not our finest hour.
Inquiring minds need to know.
Sounds like WV gene's are alive and well in Chicago. You would fit in with all the rednecks in my area very well. :)