Arduino-Based Instruments?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

huVVer

My manufacturing partner, MakerPlane, is all over this stuff with Raspberry PI based instrumentation and sunlight readable displays. They are also the manufacturing partner for OnSpeed and we have big plans for this stuff.

Thanks for the link, the more the merrier in this space.
VV

huVVer

Software update for the huVVer-AVI instruments:
(March 1, 2022) Version 4.00 of the flight instrument library has been posted to huVVer-AVI Download – Vx Aviation & huVVer.tech In addition to graphics refinements, There are some new features:
- The Attitude Indicator now has selectable upset recovery arrows and markers at +/- 90 degrees to assist in accurate aerobatic manoeuvres.
- The System Configuration menu now allows the selection of serial ports for the data streaming input, including the USB port.
- Night operation has improved by providing more dimmer levels and a change to the dimmer function operation.

Some of these updates have been made to support the evolution of the OnSpeed energy display development.

Details are available in the QuickStart Guide on the site.

VV

View attachment 122990

One more thing: Here's a link to an OnSpeed demonstration flight.

This flight shows how an OnSpeed system can be used in all flight regimes. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy.

huVVer

Here is a teaser. Seeking a low cost controller for my tailBeaconX was a fruitless exercise, so I coded my own on a huVVer-AVI:

7816CBA2-3D0F-4AB5-9001-23D5AD06428F.jpeg

Once the code is available for download, I will post here. It will only be available as a .bin file (not a source file). Cheers, Vern

Arno

Would like to get a copy of that, or description of how you did it, with in/out parameters you did to program it.

Woodenwings

Hello Huvver.

I was wondering if you could talk me through how the tailbeakon adsb out works differently with your nice unit as opposed to the AV30.

I want adsb out...i like the AV30....but also like the idea of having the adsb on its own instrument.

Thanks for your time if you can spare it.

Woodenwings

I just bought a picopie with an oled display. Going to use it as a clock and cabin temp. Display.

Will see how it goes!

huVVer

Here is a teaser. Seeking a low cost controller for my tailBeaconX was a fruitless exercise, so I coded my own on a huVVer-AVI:

View attachment 125702

Once the code is available for download, I will post here. It will only be available as a .bin file (not a source file). Cheers, Vern

We've made some minor changes and are commencing flight testing. Part of the issue was that the (early) experimental version of the tailBeaconX did not function properly with the our control head. A call to uAvionix fixed that, and now we are ready for flight testing. uAvionix has been very supportive of our effort.

Hopefully the test flights will happen this week. I will keep everyone posted. As a note, we have successfully ground tested with Dynon SkyView and Dynon D10A devices providing the serial altitude encoder functions.

Also, as I mentioned, this will not be an 'open-source' release. We are only releasing binary (executable) code. It is a derivative of the open-source GaugeWidgets library, which is very comprehensive in it's description of flight instrument design. Flight instruments are 'one-way' devices (information displays only), whereas transponder controllers are 'two-way' devices (controlling critical aircraft systems).