Quantcast

Arduino altimeter & airspeed indicator

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
The Aircraft Extras AG6T is the system I'm leaning towards at the moment....but I'm waiting for Rich to get back with me with some answers.

I also like the experimentalavionics.com offerings too....they have EFIS & EIS.
The only issue I see with going this route is that Oleg doesn't offer any direct support...so if you have an issue you will be at the mercy of asking other people how to solve it.

Kevin

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Kevin, have you figured out if the AG6T 1) takes 6 normal inputs plus 6 thermocouple inputs or 2) just adds the possibility to use thermocouple inputs but the total is still 6?

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
cluttonfred......electronics ARE NOT my specialty by any stretch of the imagination,I know basics and that is about the extent of my knowledge.

If I'm reading the information from the website correctly.....it should take 6 inputs plus 6 thermocouple inputs with an additional dedicated shunt input for aircraft current monitoring.
I'm assuming that since the particular pins are called out that they are all separate inputs.
Pins 1-6 .....6 input signals
Pins 13-24....dedicated thermocouple inputs.
And 1 shunt input for monitoring aircraft current.

20200129_142955.jpg

I've been talking with Rich from Aircraft Extras and I'm waiting for him to get back to me with some answers to a few questions.
When I hear from him next I will ask him to verify or disprove my assumption....

Kevin