• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Apollo Canard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo

After months of weekend work, my aircraft design site is completed. About 90% of the work was in creating CONTENT rather than the website itself. The site also functions as a design blog where I describe the design goals/drivers and the optimization of my project. Yes, it's a canard pusher and I am well aware of the challenges for that configuration. My goal was to improve the breed and I think I've done that.

The aircraft is called the Apollo and it currently exists as a fully defined digital mockup. I plan to complete the models/analysis and build it within the next three years. Check out my Photo Gallery to see what it's all about!

The website also includes important "lessons learned" about Airplane PDQ, Airfoil Optimizer and CAD software. My blended winglet study with XFLR5 shows what that program is capable of. And there are a few "goodies" for aircraft designers on my Downloads page, which I plan to expand over time.

Here is the link: www.apollocanard.com

I look forward to your comments, critiques and suggestions on this forum.

Mike
www.apollocanard.com

Back