Quantcast

AP structure Gyroplane?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Victor Bravo

NO, I think you mean the thrust line needs to be below the center of mass.

If the thrust line was above the center of mass you are at high risk of the nose-over, "bunt" and mast bumping that has caused a lot of gyro crashes.

mullacharjak

Are there any plans available to build a metal rotor for an autogyro because as I understand these are not included with the gyrobee or other plans built machines.Dont the gyroplanes have a stabilizing pendulum stability as in fixed wing aircraft or is it the other way round ?

mullacharjak

Plans for quite a few gyros are available but non for the Rotors. The rotors are a bit of mystery like the propeller so not many amateur builders even attempt to build one.

mullacharjak

As I understand the wood blade of a bensen gyro is the best and cheapest to learn about rotors.It looks like a flimsy thing less than an inch thick.Seems all the rigidity is because of the centrifugal force which is in the region of 100=200 g???? The advancing blade is climbing and the retreating blade descending so angle of attack to oncoming air for advancing blade is less and retreating blade is more so lift on both sides is equalized.All of this because of the centre hinge.The lift of the rotor passes right through the centre of the rotor vertically.The rotor drives itself because it is set at a negative angle of incidence to plane of rotation and the lift vecor is tilted slightly forward.For this to happen the rotor has to generate some lift which can only happen if the rotor is mechanicaly rotated.A rotor is not self starting.Though once running the rotor cant stop as long as there is air blowing from the front..Thats its nature.Hope I got it right!
Are any drawings available to build blades for a single place other than benson?