• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Anyone want a Glasair Kit $4K ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
I was looking on Craigslsit and ran across an ad for glider projects. They turned out to be three disheveled Monnett Monerai's, which are not exactly the most desirable sailplane out there.

However, the lady in charge of the estate sale ALSO sent me photos of what appears to be most of an un-built (or partly started) Glasair kit. I have NO IDEA if this is a Glasair 1 or 2. It does not look like the Glasair 3 (because I do not see the rear "d-window" on the side of the fuselage), so it is probably an earlier model 1 or perhaps 2.

I told her to let me know after the "big estate sale !!!" was over, and if she still had the Glasaair, and I'd post a notice on HBA.

So today I get a text message saying that the sale price on the Glasair kit is now $4,000. Seems pretty cheap for a 180-200 mph airplane kit from a well respected mfg. and something known to fly reasonably well and reasonably safe.

Estate Sale coordinator is a lady named Robin, at 775 671 7438 . Aircraft located Minden, NV (south of Reno)

I have no connection or financial involvement in this at all, just a PSA for my fellow airplane addicts :)

Back