• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Anyone know this aircraft?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigshu

Supporting Member
I'm looking for information about an old racing plane, the PAR-1. It was a mid wing pusher from the early 50s. There is supposed to be a write up and 3 view in a two volume set of books titled: Goodyear and Formula One Racers, by Robert Hirsch. I tracked down the books on Amazon, by I'm hoping someone already has them and can look it up to see if there is much written about it. The aircraft is a single seat pusher with a Y-tail, and I'm curious about the drivetrain. Shaft drive aircraft is a topic of another thread, and I want to track down as much info as I can about this approach, which seems to have generated a lot of interest/design activity back then. It also had variable incidence on the wing, which is a whole other can of worms.

Back