• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Anyone have info on Jihostroj prop governor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pantdino

My Titan T-51 has a Chevy LS3 engine, Autoflight PSRU, and Jihostroj governor. The governor shares oil with the PSRU rather than the engine. The governor started to stick because the PSRU had a bearing installed off center, so it disintegrated and filled the oil with metal debris.
My question is, "Would it be possible to set up the governor so it had it's own oil supply, rather than sharing? From what I know, there is no pump in this system except the one in the base of the governor. There is a large diameter oil supply line to it and a much smaller vent or oil return line to a reservoir shared with the PSRU oil. Per the maker of the gearbox, (PSRU), there is a tiny bit of oil leakage at the base of the governor which goes into the gearbox, so if the two were completely separate, eventually the governor would run out of oil and the gearbox would overfill.

But I'm thinking, if the leakage from one to the other were small enough, one could have a separate supply reservoir for the governor and top it off as necessary, then drain an equal amount from the gearbox sump. This is not an airplane anyone is expecting to fly cross country with or not do any maintenance for 50 hrs. If this had to be done every 10 hrs, it would be fine.

So I guess my question is, does anyone know enough about the Jihostroj governor to know if this would work? My gearbox and governor are currently out of town being rebuilt after said bearing failure, so I don't have them to look at, but here are a couple of pictures of the installation.

Thank you,

Jim

Attachments

• G IMG_1930_preview.jpeg
    G IMG_1930_preview.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 11
  • G IMG_1933_preview.jpeg
    G IMG_1933_preview.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 12
Back