• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Anyone have Human C.G. Diagrams?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Kay

Hi;

Does anyone have diagrams of where the CG of a human is located in the sitting position? I'm doing some balance related work on a Murphy Renegade (altered to look more like a "Little Toot.")

I want to get the seating position close to correct. In my attachment, you can see 2 occupants, and the vertical line is my best guess at where the lift acts in steady level flight. I made the assumption that for each wing, the lift acts at about 25% chord, then accounted for the fact that there are 2 wings, and top one is swept 10 degrees.

The lift line cuts right through the front seater, and presumably, the CG of the entire aircraft would be a few inches in front of the lift. Also notice that the legs of the front guy are more scrunched up then the back seater, and I know this would affect the CG of that person.

My goal is to ensure that overall CG wouldn't change much if I had a light person or a heavier person in the front. So his CG should be close to the airframe's CG, at least in my mind.

So, anyone have any such diagrams?

Thanks, Tom.

Attachments

• Renegade Toot Hybrid  Nose Shortened 6 inches -  Oct 2009 Side View Copy 1.jpg
    Renegade Toot Hybrid Nose Shortened 6 inches - Oct 2009 Side View Copy 1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 2,882
Back