• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Anyone done your own rebuild on a O-320?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b7gwap

Title says it all. I’ve got a CH750 STOL kit in the works and was going corvair, but someone pointed out that this airframe will take an O-235 OR an O-320, and that rebuilding my own timed out O-320 might be in the same ballpark finance wise. I’m at high altitude (4400 field elevation) and the dual lure of 150-160 HP and Lycoming reliability are making me curious. Has anyone who has done this have any tips or advice, literature? I have sky ranch and the 1960 and 1974 factory overhaul manuals, but what happens if my core is certified? Does it automatically become an experimental engine? Does it need to be certified like the E-AB airplane it’s going on? In case there are ADs or other tech bulletins on these (I’m sure there are) is the manufacturer the best place to get those? Thanks!

Austin

Back