• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Anybody on HBA near Lufkin, TX / EAA 1219?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
One of the most inspirational and "headed toward great things in aviation" young participants in our aircraft building program is moving to the Lufkin, TX area (Dad's new job). This young man is 1000% what Young Eagles, our aircraft build programs, etc. are all about. I've flown with him and he's a natural. He started as a new Zenith build participant, and very quickly became a mentor to the other kids in the program. You may remember I posted something about this young man truly honoring me with the Mentor's Pin at his Eagle Scout ceremony a few weeks ago. He's headed toward a career path as a Naval Aviator.

My research found an EAA chapter in Lufkin, Chapter 1219 at Angelina County Airport. By any chance is anyone here a member of that chapter, or has a good connection with the leadership over there? All I'm trying to do is make sure he gets hooked in with the right people there, and that they know this is someone they need to take a strong interest in. (Sometimes you hear great stories about EAA chapters rolling out a big welcome mat for new people, and sometimes you hear bad stories about somebody not getting the welcome they should, or sprayed with testosterone by the first good ol' boy they happen to run into)

I need to make sure that this young man gets the welcome mat and meets the right quality people.

Last edited:
Back