Anybody know what this is?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Hawk81A

Seller thinks it's a Rotax. I don't think so. Maybe a Hirth? Supposedly off an Airbike. Dennis

Attachments

• 00f0f_gMhR9SmWYDez_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
    00f0f_gMhR9SmWYDez_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 00y0y_7q9n8Lm6banz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
    00y0y_7q9n8Lm6banz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1

n3puppy

Appears to be correct. Also appears to be seriously obsolete. Thanks. Dennis
Obsolete - yes
Tennessee Propellers used to be the world distributor for Zenoah G25b engines. In 2004, Zenoah discontinued production of the engines. Tennessee maintained a supply of parts. But they closed their doors at the end of 2019.

If looking for parts today - Chaparral snowmobiles also used the G25 - Sometimes calling it the Fuji 242.

TrikeTrash

I wouldn't call it obsolete... old, yes. The problem with this engine was, if you moved the muffler from the original position (the photo above is in the original position) you could seriously screw up the return resonance and you would lose lots of HP. (22HP as I remember) I have one I've been tripping over for years. You want it, 300 bucks and pick it up at 12TN. It doesn't have the same redrive as the pic above and it's in a box. It ran when I got it 7-8, 10 years ago. Included is a 54X24 Tennessee prop.

Hawk81A

Not really looking for one. This one is on my local Craigslist for 250. It supposedly only has 20 hours on it. It includes the original meter and has been in storage for 20 years. He thought it was a Rotax (but everybody thinks any 2 cycle U/L engine is a Rotax just like everybody thinks anything smaller than a 747 is a "Piper Cub"). I just didn't recognize it. If I wasn't up past my neck in other projects, I would grab it for a possible mini airboat project or to see if the redrive could work on my Generac V twin for an airboat project - but for now...

ruxpin76

I have a G25b and looking for parts...is yours still available, @TrikeTrash

Hawk81A

Me? This wasn't mine. It is still listed on my local craigslist. This engine allegedly only has 20 hours on it (meter is included), has been "stored" for about 20 years, and is asking 250.00. I could maybe look into it for you. What parts are you specifically looking for? Dennis

ruxpin76

Me? This wasn't mine. It is still listed on my local craigslist. This engine allegedly only has 20 hours on it (meter is included), has been "stored" for about 20 years, and is asking 250.00. I could maybe look into it for you. What parts are you specifically looking for? Dennis
My PSRU has a cracked upper hub, so I'd like to replace the whole upper hub and shaft assembly, and I'm looking for a PTO seal also. If you could PM me a link to that CL ad, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!! Just trying to get flying...I have the trike about reassembled -- Skycycle.