Quantcast

Any one have some info on the "Le Pelican"

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

oldcrow

coffee sounds great. if you still have her come Oct. time frame maybe I can get down there for a couple of day and take some measurements. I did manage to find some drawing of the pelican but there are a lot of pages with out measurements.
this is what the last wing design was

Attachments

pwood66889

Hmmm... Your wing drawing looks like it is from a "LePel-a-like." I have plans from BuildAndFly, which this may be.
My EAA chapter is arranging some stored stuff this week, and I will look for emergency shelter just in case the hangar arrangement blows down.

pwood66889

As stated, the wings I have, which I'm sure are the "real McCoy," are sheet alum, as opposed to the tube structures you showed.
The horizonal stab seems about right from what I can tell from the fuselage.
Would have to compare more when I get that planset up.

Speedboat100

I just came across this little bird and really like it. ( you know how some planes just set right with you )
I couldn't find out much info on it other than it WAS a kit at one time. Has any one flew one or heard any negative things about this plane? This little bird just might fit the bill.View attachment 86552

No wonder you like..it is legendary classic..in its class.

pwood66889

Looks like mine is going to have to find a better home. My hangar space is going away and I have to find a good, new home pronto!
All offers considered.
Located 30 miles due south of Tallahassee, Fl, USA.

oldcrow

well here in Macon/ Warner Robins area there are always new homes being built. usually 150k - 250k price range. Macon area being a little cheap than Robins area. ( due to crime rates ) the cost of living is not too bad a lot cheap than most places that i have been to.

plncraze

HBA Supporter
If you do get rid of the plane would you please post a ton of pictures of it for us to steal ideas. It's a neat looking plane!

pwood66889

May as well update the situation:
<SitRep>The Texas persons seem to have lost interest at the freight quote. To Oregon would be even more, so that may be gone as well.
I am trying to get to the local A&P school to see if there would be interest as trading stock; as in you get it for helping me get my Ercoupe running.
Wife developed a health issue that affects her mobility and we are working that - she is getting better, but have to play as goes.
Have a wad of pictures. How do you build collections on HBA? The tape measure in the picture is a splendid idea! Just not in the pictures I have now. Have some dimensioned sketches I would post as well.
So the plane sits; outside. Sorry to burden. </SitRep>

Tiger Tim

What kind of freight quotes are coming in? What would it take to move this thing as far as van or trailer size goes?

FritzW

Log Member
I bet those 19' wing panels are a killer on the shipping cost.
How do you build collections on HBA?
I think you just go to the "media" link at the top of the page and start clicking around until you see something that says "create a new album" (or something similar).

Dennis DeFrange

HBA Supporter
I've heard of a shipping connection called , You Ship It , Might be able to find it at , youshipit.com . I've heard that it consists of folks that are already headed in certain directions that will carry your things along to help with fuel costs . Never used it but might be a connection .