• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Any famous pioneer woman aircraft designer and builder?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oriol

Hi!

I just had a conversation with a friend´s wife who is about to write a novel intended for kids. The main character of the novel is a little girl who builds an aircraft in her backyard, the action takes place at the beginning of the XX century.

I was sorry because I could not tell her about any female pioneer aircraft homebuilder that I knew who could served of inspiration to her, and for the young readers.

The closest candidate that I am aware of is Amelie Beese who was the first german female pilot.
According to the wiki Mellie had a technical background and patented a collapsible aircraft, she also worked with her husband in developing an amphibious aircraft.

Does any of you know of any female aircraft builder and designer?

Thanks!

Oriol

melie beese.jpg

Back