• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Any conserns with using a radial engine on an inline design?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t_roy

So I was looking at the Stolp SA-900 V-Star, and the thought occurred to me that a radial engine like one of the Verner 5 cylinders might be a good fit. Starduster Toos seem to take to radial engines, so I think it's logical to believe that rotary use can work if it's scale down to an appropriate power range.

What I was wondering is if there would be any significant handling differences or designed concerns from choosing an ~65hp radial vs. an ~65hp inline like an A-65. I know the cowling would have to be done different, but would mounting the radial significantly different?

Back