Any artists on the Forum ???

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
Does anyone on the Forum have the ability to draw/sketch caricatures ?
I have a design,in my head,that I want to paint on my plane.
I know what I want but I don't have the talent to draw it myself.
Can anyone with artistic ability help me out ?

Kevin

rdj

I get the impression this forum is a watering hole for Engineering types. Typically not your best bet for artistic talent (Scott Adams excepted).

There are online portals like upwork.com where it's possible to hire folks who can actually draw, at reasonable rates. I know I use etsy.com quite a bit for craft items (bought some nice aviation-themed masks there recently) because although I can fix a sewing machine I sure can't run one. It's easier to send money to the thousands of women online who can :)

Wanttaja

One thing you can to is find art similar to what you want using a Google Image search, then alter it to match what you want.

That's how I did this bit of Fly Baby nose art. The airplane was damaged when a tornado dropped a hangar door on it. I found a cartoon queen, and did some little modifications.
hangar queen.jpg
For this one, I found a cartoon of the dwarf, and a flying helmet drawn from a similar angle. Suited for the grumpy pilots out there....
grumpy.jpg
Used the same helmet on a Walrus for another Fly Baby owner...
walrus helmet.jpg
Often, if you study the cartoons out there, you can get hints of how depict some things. I added eyes and a mouth to this Stinson drawing.
charlie card.jpg

What were you looking for, art-wise?

Ron Wanttaja

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's a guy on the Pilots of America forum that does airplane caricatures, but I like the above work better.

12notes

Lifetime Supporter
Log Member

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
I know I use etsy.com quite a bit for craft items (bought some nice aviation-themed masks there recently) because although I can fix a sewing machine I sure can't run one. It's easier to send money to the thousands of women online who can
You do realize that they can take away your MAN CARD and possibly your Birthday,now-a-days, for a sexist comment like that.......right ?!

I'm totally messing with you.......I bet you had about 300 things run through your mind when you read that.
LMAO.......

Kevin

Reactions: rdj