Another Ragwing design question

Discussion in 'Aircraft Design / Aerodynamics / New Technology' started by Aerowerx, Apr 29, 2018.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jul 10, 2019 #21

MadProfessor8138

MadProfessor8138

MadProfessor8138

Aerowerx.....you need to understand a few things about building a Ragwing design to help you out.
    1. Roger was notorious for making changes and not documenting the changes on the plans.
    2. Roger's plans are open to interpretation in many spots....take that as you want.
    3. No 2 Ragwings will be built the same due to builders making changes....refer back to #1 & #2.
    Even the planes that Roger built personally differ from what his plans show.
    4. DO NOT trust build photos posted as a particular model of Ragwing.....builders mislabel their planes when posting their model # and many of the models can be confused for different models because they are ver similar.
    5. Jump on the Yahoo group.....it is specifically for the Ragwing designs and you should be able to find someone building that model.
    6. Worse case scenario.....jump on Facebook and look Roger up....there is a Ragwing group and he will respond on that media.

I have found many mistakes on the plans for the RW19 Stork that I am building and there are also areas that leave it up to the builder to figure out........
    Extremely aggravating.......but doable.

Contact cdlwingnut....he should be able to help you out.

Kevin

2. Jul 10, 2019 #22

Aerowerx

Aerowerx

Aerowerx

This thread is over a year old, but got resurrected for some reason.

At this time I am no longer building, and may or may not build in the future. I am, as a side line to all my other interests, researching the design of a pure flying wing. LSA size with 2 seats.

3. Jul 10, 2019 #23

MadProfessor8138

MadProfessor8138

MadProfessor8138

Just looked at the post dates....yeah,this thread is dated.
    Why did you quit building?

Kevin

4. Jul 10, 2019 #24

Aerowerx

Aerowerx

Aerowerx

Long story.

My wife was disabled and VERY demanding, and I was working 2nd shift. Lots of stress for me. I started building as an escape, and then realized one day that that was not the right reason.