• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Another New Member Intro.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ke1dzyne

Hello all. I'm Keith from Central CA. Years ago I wanted to build a Harmon Rocket (RV-4 based) using a SB Chevy engine. When it was apparent that was a goal too far, I chose a DR107 One Design. I got to about 80-90% airframe completion, but had to stop due to kids in college etc. Now they're done and out, so I'm revisiting the build. A Lyc. is still too expensive, so I'm looking at a Renesis conversion since the power and weight should be workable in the DR107. I'm a bit concerned that there are far fewer sources for redrives and ECUs than there were, and many of the familiar names are retired or out of business, so here I am to try to refresh my understanding of the current state of rotary installations and available hardware. Another challenge is, I want to keep the +/- 10g and inverted capability of the airframe. Not asking much....

Back