• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Another new member from China

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qchen98

I've had a PoA account for almost four years. However, my first and only post about an ADS-B guided missiles system had got me permanently banned there. I later apologized to the forum board via email about my crippling trolling behavior, but that didn't work.

Background:

Finished my PPL for $4,000 ($80 hr wet in a 152, with or without the instructor). However, the two check rides with a DPE cost another $1,000, ouch! - Had I told the DPE that my CFI's dog ate the plane's registration paper on my first check ride, I could have got away.

Future project:

I bought a plan for an MC-30 luciole for the aircraft's excellent performance on a 23hp engine.

However, I quickly realized that I'll need something more disposable, in case that some local authority decides to ground my aircraft (or come after it with a bulldozer) for breaking the permanent TFR. Also, ordering wood from aircraft spruce is quite a hassle.

The perfect candidate for my first build would be a Zigglo MG-12.

At least I can keep the paramotor engine when the time comes, whereas the rest of the airframe can be recycled for aluminium.

Back