• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Another new guy here in MN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X'N

Figured I would pop in and say hi. I've been learking in this forum for a year or so now. Figured it was time I joined.
I'm an A&P but I've been out of aviation for about 10 years. My flying has also suffered and been non existent but I hope to change that soon. I've been wanting to build my own plane for years but never had the time, $ or resources. I have a couple of co-workers that are building planes (one his own design and the other a bearhawk) so I figured I better start now if I ever want to build one. For years I've wanted to build an RV and even came close to buying the tail section a couple of times but never did. After Oshkosh in 2012 I started making my short list and it was down to a CH650 or a Sonex partly because I wanted to scratch build and the other was usefull load, but that still wasn't enough so I ended up changing routes and went with the Bearhawk Patrol. I started building in February of this year and have laid down a deadline of 2023 but I hope to finish well before that.

I got into CNC's a couple years back and have a homebuilt cnc router that I've used to cut rib forms and rib blanks. I hope to use it as much as possible. Well its not really needed and or sometimes the fastest way to do something I get to join two hobbies so...

Back