• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Another LSA stall speed question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockiedog2

I may have missed it but I did a search on this and found lotsa threads but none that addressed this particular question.

The LSA limitations for max speed are clearly stated as Standard Day Sea Level. But no where can I find that for the stall speed. Anybody got an FAR reference that says the stall speed is at std day sea level? According to everything I've found it wasn't addressed. Obviously correcting from the typical altitude that we do stalls at to sea level std day is in our favor when trying to meet LSA, so maybe the fed just let it go? Also does anybody have a link to an online calculator that converts TAS to standard day sea level TAS? I can find several that go the other way but they don't seem to work backwards as I would have thought. Or maybe it's just the operator again.

(4) A maximum stalling speed or minimum steady flight
speed without the use of lift-enhancing devices (VS1)
of not more than 45 knot
s CAS at the aircraft's
maximum certificated takeoff weight and most critical
center of gravity.

Back