• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Another Flying Flea question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtfm

Hi,
I have been corresponding with a Flea afficianado here in QLD Australia. He lives about 2 hours from me, but so far, we haven't met. However, he has strongly criticised my contention that a Flea should have (at most) -1 deg negative pitch, and a max of +12 deg. Most Fleas for which I have plans (HM290, HM293, HM360) stipulate a pitch rqange of zero to +12 deg.

However, my guy says the following:
Why do you have so little down pitch on the front wing?? I have never flown a flea with so little dwn pitch it is very dangerous if you have an engine out on take off. The HM1000 I have a lot of hours on has 12 positif and 12 negatif ,.May I suggest you allow for that much movement on the flea bike to save someone's life .I have had EFATO several times and only got safely down by having that large down pitch .Please for the well being of the pilot and the reputation of the fleas make the changes ,now! This is extremely critical on tricycles more so then on tailwheelers .

I am completely confused by this. Every set of plans to which I have access stipulates zero negative pitch on the front wing. For example:

1595661578159.png
Can anyone shed some light on this?

Regards,
Duncan

Back