• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Another Aviation Junkie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc W

New member here, but I have lurked for a while. I always wanted to fly and build airplanes since I was a youngster. I still have the Mechanics Illustrated magazine with the plans for the Cvjetkovic CA-61 in it from the '60's. I got my PPL in 1983 at KWHP, rented C152's and C172's for a few years, and then health problems, remarriage and all those other things ended my flying. Started again in 2013 at KSZP Santa Paula and then joined EAA Chapter 723 at KCMA Camarillo. I had always wanted to build an airplane and I bought a newly completed Thatcher CX4 so I would have something to fly while I built. I flew the CX4 for about 10 hours and worked on it about 500 hours. The squawk list kept growing despite my best efforts. I finally took the airplane home and began to rebuild it. A move to Colorado has interrupted the rebuild and so it waits until the move is complete. I joined EAA 1373 in western Colorado and my new home base will be KAJZ in Delta, CO. I am still a low time pilot.

My mission for a homebuilt has changed with the move to Colorado. There are a number of back country strips in Utah that will be in reach. My wife and I enjoy camping and outdoor sports so I intend to build a two seat LSA suitable for back country flying. So far I haven't selected a design but the Bearhawk LSA is probably the top contender unless I find something better.

Looking forward to more lurking and maybe an occasional post here.

Last edited:
Back