ANC-5 and ANC-18

Discussion in 'Aircraft Design / Aerodynamics / New Technology' started by BDD, Apr 23, 2005.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Apr 23, 2005 #1

BDD

BDD

BDD

What, specifically, are the contents of these two publications? How much design information is in them?

2. May 6, 2005 #2

BDD

BDD

BDD

Doesn't anybody have any info. on these books (including ANC-19)?

3. May 6, 2005 #3

Jman

Jman

Jman

Site Developer

Below are some decriptions. I hope this is what you were looking for. I found them here: http://www.pfa.org.uk/acatalog/PFA_...l___Wood_Building__Bodywork__Painting_17.html

I also believe rareaviation.com sells them as well. Hope this helps.

ANC-19:
    ANC-5:
    ANC-18:
    - Jake

4. May 13, 2005 #4

Othman

Othman

Othman

I managed to get an electronic copy (PDF) of ANC-18 after much searching on the internet.

I remember that there was one shop offering hard copies(photo copies) for about $20US, but then I found some link where it was available for free download. I don't remember exactly where I got it from, but I haven't been able to find it since.

The first half of ANC-18 is dedicated to documenting the "certified" properties of wood, and the second half contains methods for analysing wood aircraft structures.

I think it's a must have if you are designing wood structures. I'm not sure if there is any document out there that superceeds ANC-18 in terms of material properties for woods. I would be interested in knowing this, if anybody has more info.

5. May 15, 2005 #5

BDD

BDD

BDD

The free PDF download would be good information to have. Would NASA possibly be the source? They have old NACA technical reports online. The policy seems to be that this is public domain info. that should be freely distributed to promote engineering, business, etc.

6. May 15, 2005 #6

Othman

Othman

Othman

I didn't find it at any official government website... just an avaition enthusiast.

I agree that this info should be free to the public. For the most part, you can download many newer documents online from the FAA or NASA, as you mentioned, as well as the old NACA reports.

For example, if you wanted certified material properties for metals, you were able to download MIL HDBK 5, wich has now been superceeded by MMPDS, which can also be downloaded for free.

7. May 31, 2005 #7

StRaNgEdAyS

StRaNgEdAyS

StRaNgEdAyS

Would you still happen to have the link handy for the PDF file?
    I'd sure like to have a look at it.
    :)

8. Jun 1, 2005 #8

Rhino

Rhino

Rhino

Couldn't he just upload the file here? If not, he could send me the file and I could post it on my ISP to make it available for download. By the way, all of these manuals can be purchased here.

ANC-18 appears to be available from USA Naval Depot, 5801 Tabor Avenue, Philadelphia, PA, 19120, though I don't know what the price may be, if any. The others may be available there too.

9. Jun 1, 2005 #9

Othman

Othman

Othman

It's a 12MB file... can't really send it through e-mail. I can FTP it if someone has a good FTP site... and is willing to make it available to the other members.