• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

AMS grades for a two stroke!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joyce Adams

Hey,
I have spent almost 30 hours flying on my own. I am so crazy about flying and aircraft. I want to build a two-stroke aircraft engine. But I don't have any prior experience other than flying a Cessna. I am confused about the type of materials that I can use to build a two-stroke engine. I am stuck with the confusion between using aluminum or graded steel. I know a vendor who supplies that laid out many options. They have suggested various grades, including AMS grades.
Which would be the ideal material in order to get satisfactory compression among other things?
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back