• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Amphibious Ultralights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jak Stoller

So while browsing the local want-adds I stumbled upon this ( Amphibious Ultralight Aircraft ) and got my wheels spinning. While I'd love to talk to the guy who's building the plane I'm currently out of country and couldn't really get a hold of him. So I thought I'd turn to the forum.

I've long had a love for seaplanes and through some light searching through the archives I haven't turned up to much (read; nothing really) on ultralight seaplanes. Now granted, my Search-Fu may be weak, but I did try. I have attained a short list of questions that I was hoping folks could help me out with.

1) Are retractable landing-gear allowed on ultralights? I can't find any solid yay or nay for ultralights (LSAs though being a different story).

2) It's stated that you get extra weight for floats, but I have failed at finding a listing of just how much extra weight your allowed. I would have expected it to be in the FAR 103 but it's eluding me, whats the additional limit?

3) Does anyone know of any good resources for information about building seaplanes? What little I've found it's almost useless.

The image of a Macchi M7 just keeps dangling in my mind. Any help would be appreciated.

--Jak

Back