• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Amphi-Camper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staggermania

Ok. So I have been looking at Amphibs, lately, and trying to think about what I really wanted. I came across the https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/bush-float-flying/8132-amphibious-aircraft-challenges.html thread, and the discussusion about amphibious campers/rv's.I would like to be able to seat 4, sleep two comfortably, 4 not so comfortably. and be able to haul a lot of gear. Do not think I need a galley, but a toilet would be nice. I never realized until reading AR's posts in above thread that a douche had another purpose:gig:, but I dont think I need one of those either.I would like a single hull, don't know yet about sponsons or tip floats(retractable). Twin engine. Pylon mounted wing to get the engines close together and up high but keep thrust line low. Could be twin/tractor or twin/push-pull. Composite construction. Maybe even series hybrid with engine in fuselage(probably not really practical, but I kinda like hybrids:)) Tricycle gear.I have attached a rough drawing. There would be wing struts, don't think I can get by without them. That's okay. I have shown possible push-pull with dotted lines. Conventional tail, I think. Low 100+kts cruise is fine, low stall speed. Maybe 4500lbs gross. High AR wing. Flaps? Probably.Anyway, here's my AmphiCamper.Thanks.Brett

Attachments

• AmphiCamper.jpg
    AmphiCamper.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Back