• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Aluminum Tube Single Seat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy Hegyi

So, I've built and flown a Beaver on floats, a Kolb Twinstar and a Merlin. The Merlin was to be my dream aircraft but life kinda got in the way. What I would like to find is a plans built aluminum tube and gusset aircraft with about 800 pounds gross weight, capable of being put on floats and having a cruise speed of 80 knots or so. I'm fine with a 582 for power but would not be adverse to 4 stroke power if the C/G could handle the extra weight. I would prefer a tractor setup as the Beaver had a horrible habit of picking up water spray into the prop. I've looked and looked but can't find anything. I have access to a 5X10 CNC router table and have two 3D printers as well. Thanks everyone. I think this group is one of the most knowledgeable and well behaved groups out there.

Back