• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Alternatives to fabric cement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith103

Hello forum,

I need to patch up a small 2 inch by 2 inch area of fabric, which I had cut open recently to do some repairs to the structure inside. (The cut-open area is on the horizontal stabilizer.)

My Minimax was covered fully using Ekobond and latex paint about 18 months ago. I really liked Ekobond.

Is there an alternative to Ekobond or 3M Fastbond, both of which are available only in a minimum of 1 quart packing.

I had purchased 1 quart of Ekobond for a previous repair job about 8 months ago, and most of the remaining cement ( almost a full quart ) was stored safely, but when I opened the cement for the present job, I found it fully lumped up and unfit for any use. So basically if I buy one more quart now, I end up using a tiny quantity now and the remaining will again go waste. I need a small packing, say about 4 oz.

Is the following item a good choice for a small fabric repair to dacron ?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009GID0O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
Thanks for any suggestions.

Back